Call for Workshops and Co-located Events
CALL FOR WORKSHOPS AND CO-LOCATED EVENTS POPL 2020 47th ACM SIGPLAN-SIGACT Symposium on Principles of Programming Languages POPL: 19–25 January 2020 Affiliated Events: 19-21, 25 January 2020 New Orleans, USA https://popl20.sigplan.org
The 47th ACM SIGPLAN-SIGACT Symposium on Principles of Programming Languages (POPL 2020) will be held in New Orleans, USA.
POPL provides a forum for the discussion of fundamental principles and important innovations in the design, definition, analysis, transformation, implementation and verification of programming languages, programming systems, and programming abstractions.
Events focusing on experimental and theoretical topics are welcome.
Proposals are invited for workshops and other events to be co-located with POPL 2020. All Co-located Events are sponsored by SIGPLAN (http://acm.org/sigplan/).
Workshops should be more informal and focused than POPL itself, include sessions that enable interaction among the workshop attendees. The preference is for one-day workshops, but other schedules can also be considered.
- Deadline for submission: 31 May 2019
- Notification of acceptance: 15 June 2019
A workshop proposal should provide the following information.
- Name of the workshop.
- Duration of the workshop.
- Whether the workshop will be Conference-approved or SIGPLAN-approved (see below).
- Organizers: names, affiliation, contact information, brief (100 words) biography.
- A short description (150–200 words) of the topic.
- Event format: workshop; type of submissions if any; review process; results dissemination.
- Expected attendance and target audience.
- Potential PC members — please do not contact them before the workshop is approved.
- History of the workshop.
Proposal must be submitted in pdf form by email to the workshop chairs Jan Hoffmann (email@example.com) and Zachary Kincaid (firstname.lastname@example.org).
POPL Co-located Events are sponsored by SIGPLAN (http://sigplan.org/). There are two kinds of Co-located Events: Conference-approved (no proceedings) and SIGPLAN-approved (proceedings in the ACM Digital Library). See http://www.sigplan.org/Resources/Guidelines/Workshops/ for more information, including a full listing of prescriptions for Conference-approved and SIGPLAN-approved workshops.
SIGPLAN-approved workshops must respect the SIGPLAN Diversity Policy. Proposals for SIGPLAN-approved workshops must additionally include the gender, country of affiliation, and professional status of potential PC members. See https://www.sigplan.org/Resources/Policies/Diversity/ for more details.
All submissions will be evaluated by a committee comprising the following members of the POPL 2020 organizing committee, together with the members of the SIGPLAN executive committee.
- Jan Hoffmann, Carnegie Mellon University, Workshops chair
- Zachary Kincaid, Princeton University, Workshops chair
- Brigitte Pientka, McGill University, General chair
- Lars Birkedal, Aarhus University, Program chair
Any query regarding POPL 2020 co-located event proposals should be addressed to the workshops chairs Jan Hoffmann (email@example.com), Zachary Kincaid (firstname.lastname@example.org).