This year, POPL (in conjunction with PLMW) is experimenting with mentoring breakfasts.
Two types of breakfasts will be held:
- student mentoring breakfasts, in which faculty members and professionals provide advice about grad school;
- faculty/professional mentoring breakfasts, in which PL faculty and professionals can connect with peers at a similar or more senior career stage, for a low-pressure atmosphere to help build one’s support group and receive mentorship.
Mentoring breakfasts are free on POPL days for which you are registered. You may volunteer to attend as many breakfasts as you like.
You can sign up to give or receive mentoring when registering for POPL.
- The mentoring breakfast takes place from 07:45 to 08:45. Since we make groups of mentors/mentees at the start of the breakfast, you should be there 07:45 at latest.
- The mentoring breakfast takes place at the third floor where also the registration is. It does not take place in the hotel restaurant.
- The breakfast is buffet style. It is available for any POPL participant that is attending the mentoring breakfast, regardless of whether the participant stays at the conference hotel or not.