Continuing the tradition of previous years, POPL 2020 will host a set of tutorials ranging on different topics relevant to the POPL community.
Call for Tutorials
CALL FOR TUTORIALS POPL 2020 47th ACM SIGPLAN-SIGACT Symposium on Principles of Programming Languages POPL: 22-24 January 2020 Affiliated Events: 19-21, 25 January 2020 New Orleans, Louisiana, United States https://popl20.sigplan.org
The 47th ACM SIGPLAN-SIGACT Symposium on Principles of Programming Languages (POPL 2020) will be held in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States.
POPL provides a forum for the discussion of fundamental principles and important innovations in the design, definition, analysis, transformation, implementation and verification of programming languages, programming systems, and programming abstractions.
Tutorials for POPL 2020 are solicited on any topic relevant to the POPL community. In particular, tutorials describing emerging topics or novel tools have been especially successful in the past.
Tutorials will be held on Monday January 20, 2020 (two days before the main conference and the day before PLMW). The expected length of a tutorial is 3 hours and, depending on the schedule, there might be the option to teach it in the morning and repeat it in the afternoon.
- Deadline for submission: 18 October 2019
- Notification of acceptance: 1 November 2019
A tutorial proposal should provide the following information.
- Tutorial title
- Presenter(s), affiliation(s), and contact information
- 1-3 page description (for evaluation). This should include the objectives, topics to be covered, presentation approach, target audience, prerequisite knowledge, and if the tutorial was previously held, the location (i.e. which conference), date, and number of attendees if available.
- 1-2 paragraph abstract suitable for tutorial publicity.
- 1 paragraph biography suitable for tutorial publicity.
List of Tutorials